July 29, 2010

Health Food Café - Art of Eating, Dun Laoghaire


I found this little Health Food Shop/Health Food Café on the weekend which served my food-allergy concerns to a pleasing level. The Art of Eating is a stones throw from the main centre of Dun Laoghaire. It is a teensy little place with only a window bar to sit at for in-house dining but it has a comfortable environment and friendly service.
The dishes on offer were mainly rice and noodle options with a generally Asian feel in a variety of vegetarian, vegan and omnivore. I was a bit confused about the pricing as the main dishes are priced by weight and I didn't really know what I was gauging as the prices weren't clearly displayed.
I had a chicken rice dish and my sister had a tofu rice dish. They tasted of homemade Asian food. My meal consisted of an Americano with soya milk and a small serving of the main course on a side dish sized plate. There is a strong vibe of organic and whole-food as would be expected from a health food store's café but the best part for me was the service. It was really great and approachable and allergy-friendly.
My meal and my sisters meal were both €6.10 each which wasn't amazing value considering the size but it was good quality an full of good flavour.

Art of Eating
Georges Street Upper
Dun Laoghaire
Co. Dublin

For a full list of food allergy friendly dining options please see the 'Restaurant Directory' page located under the main title

No comments: