July 21, 2010

Food Allergy Friendly: Dorset Cereals - Pistachio & Pumpkin Seed Chunky Slice


Ok, I was starving when i was taking the picture of this bar and I have to say that a gooey texture is always a seller for me. I enjoy sticky consistencies and the pistachio & pumpkin seed chunky slice is definitely sticky-gooey. My mouth was watering in anticipation of the moment of truth... And the outcome? It’s nice. It’s quite sweet (possibly too sweet for many) but it has an underlying hearty feel which counteracts the sweetness in my view. Rather than a snack I would put it in the category of dessert bar or a healthier option coffee bar but i would definitely count it as a potential if sugar were not a problem (note: the refined sugar levels are low but still in there..)

Brand: Dorset Cereals
Variety: Delicious Pistachio & Pumpkin Seed Chunky Slice

Ingredients: chopped sultanas (21%), agave nectar (14%), toasted and malted spelt flakes (12%) (spelt, sugar, salt, malt), toasted and malted oat flakes (11%) (oat flakes, malt), pistachios (10%), chopped dates (9%), finely ground hazelnuts (6%), pumpkin seeds (5%), sunflower seeds (4%)

Attributes:

*dairy free
*vegetarian
*vegan

Price: €1.69
Local Dublin suppliers: The Hopsack

No comments: