December 23, 2011

What I’m Reading: The Last Food Allergy Surf '11



So in a couple days everything will be done and dusted. By Sunday, all that will be left to do is cook it, eat it and open it! I love Christmas. I always have, and I hope that I always will.
Over the month of December I've tried to aid you in your search for all the festive Food Allergy
Free alternatives that are available 'out there'. I hope that it's been of SOME help anyway.
I'm signing off now until after the holidays so I wish you a very very Merry Christmas, or Happy Holiday, or however you like to phrase it :) ... In the mean time, see below for some christmas crafts, last minute gifts, festive recipes, ways to entertain children, some general holiday food allergy reading and of course, my favourite, a little bit of eye candy.
Have a great one, don't drink and drive, don't eat too much and by all means STAY AWAY from your food allergens/intolerances.. it's never worth it!
With love, Aurea x

Food Allergy Talk:
Sometimes I think that we can go too far, but you never know:
Foods Matter: Becoming Truly Gluten Free

The wicked world of aspartame:
Foods Matter: Aspartame and Gulf War Syndrome

Something to keep in mind about Food Allergens and Alcohol over the holidays:
Avoiding Milk Protein: Allergens in Alcohol

In the Kitchen:
Inspirational Appetizers which, I’m sure with a bit of though and imagination, can be altered and re-jigged to suit we allergy free folk:
Simply Splendiferous: Christmas Leftovers: Some Ideas to Nibble On

Not Christmasy, just a good recipe to help you spice up your kale life:
Gluten Dairy Free: Asian Style Kale

Some mmm mmmm good looking Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free Biscotti (with some nice pictures):
Simply Gluten Free: Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti

Dairy Free & Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls that look AMAZing:
The Gluten Free Homemaker: Cinnamon Rolls - Gluten & Dairy Free

A Wonderful page of tempting pictures and links to Beyond Curries' Christmastime recipes such as a Fat Free Vegan Christmas Pudding, Vegan Truffles, Indian Fruit Salad, Strawberry Verrines:
Tongueticklers: Recipes for the Festive Season

Ways to Entertain Kids at Christmas - while creating nice memories... sigh :) :
Bake-able Gluten Free Christmas crafts & ornaments:
Gluten Free Girl: Gluten Free Salt Dough Ornaments

An Easy Peasy No-Bake Gluten Free & Dairy Free Christmas Cookie recipe (I LOVED baking when I was little!):
Simply Gluten Free: Gluten Free & Dairy Free NO Bake Snowball Cookies

Christmas Ideas (Gifts & Crafts):
Gift Ideas for yourself! - seeing as it’s way too late for Christmas gifts via the net! I saw these on The Food Allergy Queen (Like the Queen I love the ‘If Not for Gluten, I’d be Normal’ bag but I also LOVE the ‘Corn is Evil’ bag!:
Zazzle: Tote Bags Designed to Raise Food Allergy Awareness

The Best of the New Vegan Cookbooks (you might still find these in the shops if you go NOW):
Go Dairy Free: Best New GIft-Worthy Vegan Cookbooks

A cute present for a nut intolerant child (so sweet!):
Avoiding Milk Protein: Royally Allergic

A Little Bit of Eye-Candy:
Some Beautiful Allergy Free Food Photos for Dairy Free recipes using Kallo Organic Soy Drink (I’m sure any soya drink would do of course):
Gluten Dairy Free: Kallo Organic Soya Drinks

YUM...Just have a look around - esp. the vertical slide show on the bottom right:
Love Raw: Raw Candy eBook Update

...and something for all of you who are fed up of food and Christmas already! Here's some totally unrelated pics...

Just plain funny pics, in an arty way of course:
Julian Wolkenstein's The Postiche Collection

Scroll through to #7 wow!!!! ... the sand castle of my dreams!!!:
Kwaku Alston's Rebirth in Venice




ho, ho, ho!

No comments: